Whether we are out of home, security is the most important thing in our mind, let alone traveling or do some outdoor activities such as freeride, mountain walking or climbing, paragliding are those where accidents can be serious or fatal. Having the possibility to follow physically the position of a person on regular basis can be comfortable for family, relatives or others. Well, electronic trackers solve this problem well. The GPS tracking device is meant to propose a simple and portable solution for people to get traced during a trip. The application is web based and should be available for every people who have the possibility to.
- Run a small Java application on its mobile phone.
- Has link between a GPS device and its mobile phone.
- Has Internet access.
In fact, this concept is so new that there are a lot of applications involving GPS are available on the market, nowadays almost every new car is equipped with a Car GPS tracker device on board and help people in city or country side to find their road; Parents can put the portable GPS tracker in the school bag of the kids and can know where the kid is at any point of time. Kids can press a panic button of the device in case of any problems and phone call will be connected to the parent’s mobile and keep on dialing till he picks up the phone. Just we call it SOS button in Jimilab; It’s also quite useful for companies for tracking their sales staff, for military persons as the commander will know the location of his personnel any time when he is at battle field or patrolling, It is also useful for police force to track their staff and officers anytime they want. From the above, Application of portable GPS tracker includes valuable property, medical facility, electric facility, petro facility, special professional personnel, such as policemen,soldiers, prison administrators, security guard, etc. Except those, it is also helpful for disadvantaged groups, such as elders, kids, patients, etc. Of course, it is also for outdoor-sports groups,such as go-abroad, traveling and exploring, etc.
Here are Some Test Steps for Portable GPS Tracker:
1. Get a active SIM card with both GSM SMS and GPRS data service. Make sure the SIM card can send SMS and have GPRS function.
2. Insert the SIM card, and make sure install the cover or waterproof rubber properly. Because only you install the waterproof rubber or the cover properly,the SIM card will have a good contact with Waterproof GPS Tracking system.
3. Check Installation. Call the tracker SIM card, and see whether it’s with signal. If it can ring, but won’t pick up the phone, it means the SIM card is with signal, and you can go next.
4. Set the master number. It’s very important. The right command is: *master*123456*+45XXXX*
5. Set the APN. It’s very important. The right command is: *apn*apn content*apn user*apn password*. if you didn’t get any reply, then please kindly check whether your SIM card is with active GPRS or GSM SMS service, or whether your sim card is fit well.
6. Login into web tracking platform. After set the right apn and master number, then you can go to our web platform: www.jimilab.com input the master number and password to login in.
A GPS tracking device from Jimilab setted up completely and ready to use, and it need not some technology. For real time tracking, once when you receive your portable tracking device, what you need to do is just log into your mapping panel and then you will be receiving tracking information immediately. There is no need for specialist software, just an internet connection by a mobile device. For tracking a stolen vehicle or missing relative persons, it can be especially useful if you are tracking while on the move yourself. Otherwise, Jimilab also supplies GPS tracker app which are available for both Apple and Android devices to make the process of portable GPS tracker even much easier.
Article Source: http://www.jimilab.com/blog/